GIDEON KOECH CHEPKOLE
CONTACT ADDRESS: P.O. BOX 38-30200, KITALE
CELL PHONE: +254 (0) 728 062 170
ID NUMBER: 25669938
DATE OF BIRTH: 1ST SEPT, 1987
MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE
LANGUAGES: ENGLISH AND KISWAHILI
- To be an instrument of innovation and development.
- To be active in my profession and achieve to the best of my potential.
I purpose to achieve my full potential in my chosen academic field, profession and undertakings, always aiming at applying my knowledge, training and skills to improve myself and my environment; with the goal of leaving all that I interact with, all the better for my involvement.
August 2007 –May 2012 MOI UNIVERSITY
Bachelor of Engineering Electrical and Electronics Engineering- First Class Honors (A).
Jan 2002- Nov 2005 CHEBISAAS BOYS HIGH SCHOOL
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE): 77/84 points, A- (minus)
Jan 1996-2000 SEUM PRIMARY SCHOOL
KCPE: 361 Points/500
June 2013 to August 2013: Kenya School of Adventure and leadership.
Leadership development certificate.
June 2013 to August 2013: Administration police senior staff college.
2012: Certificate in IT Strategy essential: Business and IT strategy alignment.
June 2013 to Present: GRADUATE TRAINEE AT KENYA REVENUE AUTHORITY
- Training on customs administration.
Oct 2012-June 2013: DATA SERVICE SUPPORT OFFICER –ORANGE TELKOM KENYA LTD
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage different projects for Carrier Services department.
- Liaise with Finance and Revenue Assurance to ensure right accounting of Carrier Services.
- Manage relationship with customers and internal teams to deliver services to the customers.
- Implementation of GPTO business intelligence software to automate data services billing.
- Create and manage all relevant reporting tools and dashboards
- Liaise with IT and Networks team to deliver services to the customers.
- Liaise with revenue assurance to cross check information, detect and put in place defenses against fraud.
- Liaise with Finance and Revenue Assurance to ensure timely and accurate processing of traffic data for settlement of accounts.
- Financial Responsibilities: budget review, reporting.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports on activity.
May 2011-Aug 2011; INDUSTRIALATTACHMENT II; IT INTERN-ESSAR TELECOM KENYA LTD (YU)
Areas covered and experience acquired
- IT management and career progression.
- Project management and development including management information systems.
- IT service desk operations.
- Business intelligence applications and processes.
- Mobile billing and billing technologies.
- IT infrastructure and data center technologies and operations.
- Information technology security policies, technologies and operations.
May 2010 – Aug 2010; INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT I
INTERN AT KENYA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (KCAA) –WILSON AIRPORT.
Areas covered and experience acquired
- Operation and maintenance of various air navigation equipment such as:
- Practical application of computer and computer networking and the application of information technology in Air Navigation(AFTN)
- Very High Frequency (VHF) equipment.
- V-SAT systems installation and maintenance.
- Voice logging equipment. Troubleshooting and fault management.
- Eurocat 1000c; a computerized air traffic control and management solution.
- Very High Frequency Direction Finder (VDF) and Aldis lamps.
- Installation of voice logging system.
- Programming: Expertise in; JAVA, ANDROID, PHP, and C programming languages.
Familiar with: C++, Perl, Prolog, grails, Assembler programming (on Intel 8086/8088 family of Microprocessors, and Ruby on Rails.
- Operating systems: Familiarity with; Windows OS, MS-DOS, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS and Redhat).
- Design packages: Familiar with: MATLAB, LABVIEW 2012 and AutoCAD.
- CMS: expertise in; Drupal, Joomla and WordPress.
- Web design packages: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Aleo flash and banner maker and CorelDraw.
- Databases: Expert in; MYSQL, ORACLE and MS Access.
- VPN (site to site and remote access on NMX Digital Manager), Unified network platform, Network Monitoring (using IpSwitch Whats Up system), Windows NT 4, VoIP over frame relay, QoS, Firewall, DHCP, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, SMTP and BGP Routing, Cisco 3600, 7500 and 7200 series Router, Cisco 2950, 3500, 3650, 4000, 4500, 6500 series.
- Network vulnerability management using Nessus Network Vulnerability Scanner, Network intrusion management, MS Exchange Server, MS Proxy Server, IDS and IPS, Frame-Relay, SNMP, MikroTik Routers and Wireless ISP Systems, Juniper DX3250 series load balancer, Visio; experienced working with mobile service providers, digital content providers and aviation systems.
- Mobile commerce management and querying (yuCash). Business Intelligence tools; GPTO, Cerillion CRM and Business objects.
- GSM network architecture knowledge. BSS, NSS and OSS.
- Leading the implementation of business intelligence software based on business objects at Orange Telkom Kenya to automate billing of carrier services products mainly collocation, IP transit, backbone networks.e.t.c-GPTO
- Developed business intelligence software for Essar Telecom Kenya – YU while an intern called THE CUG VIEWER that improved efficiency in response to customer queries.
- Developed the iMed 101 android application featured on the Android Africa Challenge. It can be viewed here: http://slideme.org/application/imed-101.
- Pioneer in the construction and maintenance of the digital television terrestrial network in Kenya with Star Times Media based on Digital receivers.
- Athletics and football.
- Table tennis.
- Social media enthusiast.
Mr. Zacharia Mutai,
Orange Telkom Kenya LTD,
Head of Traffic Management & Coordination – Carrier Services,
Tel: +254 (0) 770 036 999
Mr. Edwin Kipchumba,
P.O. BOX 30677, Nairobi, 00100
IT Specialist – ICRAF Kenya,
Tel: 0720 -777402
Mr. Felix Mmene
IT billing manager – Essar Telecom Kenya-YU